Regionally, hydrovac (hydro) excavation or daylighting is sometimes called potholing.
Potholing refers to the process of exposing buried facilities by hydrovac vacuum excavation.
The Badger Hydrovac potholing service can enhance project safety, increase productivity, and lower costs as well as risk when exposing buried infrastructure.
Potholing creates a test hole to expose underground infrastructure to determine the horizontal and vertical location of the buried facility. Badger Daylighting helps customers get more done in less time – Safely.
- Visual confirmation of buried lines
- Directional drilling test holes
- Sacrificial anode installation
- Pipeline and utility crossings
- Subsurface Utility Engineering (S.U.E.) test holes