What is daylighting?
Daylighting is a term used to describe the uncovering and exposing of underground utilities, cables and pipelines to daylight; hence the term daylighting.
Hydrovac daylighting is used to improve project safety, increase productivity, and lower project costs. Traditionally, the uncovering of buried lines has been completed by hand digging and mechanical excavation which carries a high risk of injury, ruptured or damaged underground pipes, electrical lines, cables or other infrastructure.
The Badger Hydrovac System is a non-destructive excavation solution which replaces risky conventional hand digging or mechanical excavation techniques – thereby, mitigating excavation risk substantially.
- Visual confirmation of buried lines
- Directional drilling test holes
- Sacrificial anode installation
- Pipeline and utility crossings
- Subsurface Utility Engineering (S.U.E.) test holes