Badger Daylighting™ is an essential service provider to North America’s infrastructure. We remain open and ready to help keep utility, energy, transportation, communication and critical construction projects moving. We’ve assembled additional information on our services and the steps we are taking to ensure the safety of our employees, their families, customers and the communities where we live and work.
Badger will continue to lead by example. Across the company we have taken and deployed rigorous steps related to health and safety to ensure our employees are able to carry out functions necessary to keep industries moving, while at the same time strictly adhering to mandated guidelines pertaining to preventing the spread of COVID-19.
We will at all costs protect our employees, their families, customers and communities in which we work, while providing the level of service that you expect from Badger.
‘Safety is what we do. Safety is what we deliver’. Make Safety Personal.
Read more about what Badger is doing during these challenging times:
Some of our enhanced COVID-19 operational safety measures include:
- Badger Covid 19 Preparedness
Badger continues to comply with all federal, state, local and provincial COVID-19 directives and mandates as they are enacted.
As of March 30, 2020, Badger has updated its guidance and policies as follows:
- Employee Health/Safety –
- Employees are asked to stay home if they exhibit Coronavirus symptoms.
- Any employee who has been in contact with individuals who have been infected are required to self-quarantine for 14 days.
- Adopted stringent disinfecting practices within field operations, jobsites, offices, shops, all Badger vehicles, iPads, tools, supplies, etc.
- Continued enforcement of regular and frequent personal hygiene measures for individual and common work areas, vehicles, job sites, public facilities and homes.
- Procuring available PPE and cleaning supplies to ensure employee health and safety and that cleaning/disinfecting practices continue uninterrupted.
- Travel –
- Continue mandatory 14-day home quarantine for employees that have traveled outside of Canada and the US since March 1, 2020.
- Halted all non-essential business travel; those traveling for business or personal reasons are required to register their itinerary with the ER Team.
- Social Distancing –
- Limiting face-to-face meetings to no more than locally required (typically 10 or less), provided social distance of 6 feet (2 meters) can be attained; utilizing virtual meeting alternatives, such as teleconferencing, Skype, Zoom, GoToMeeting and Microsoft Teams.
- Implemented work-from-home for certain jobs and staff.
- All group meetings, conferences and other on & offsite events are suspended until further notice.
- Business Planning –
- Deployed its Business Continuity and Pandemic Plans.
- Employee Health/Safety –
- Badger Operational Readiness
We’re ready when you need us!
• Many of our customers have inquired about potential service interruptions, so we wanted to take this time to let you know how we are planning and responding.
• We are not currently experiencing disruptions and are providing the service our customers have come to expect. If there are changes to the recommendations or restrictions placed on businesses that could materially impact any service levels, we will keep you informed.
• In response to the COVID-19 situation, we are monitoring updates closely and following best practices as recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control (CDC) as well as local, state, federal and provincial authorities. We continue to update our Pandemic Plan as conditions change. Additionally, we have a comprehensive Business Continuity Plan designed to help us to continue to deliver the highest levels of service to our customers.
• Our Operations Team meets daily to provide all areas with the latest updates to our plans, and the precautionary measures we are taking to maintain safety and operational readiness.
• Badger has taken immediate steps to limit the possible exposure to our team and clients by dispatching single operator crews. We have taken this action to ensure appropriate social distancing for our employees. Should your project require additional operators, we will accommodate those needs by dispatching the extra person in a separate crew truck. Please contact your local Badger office should your project mandate a two-person crew.
• The safety of our people and clients will continue to guide us, and the decisions we make as we all work together to get through and beyond this current situation.