Date Posted: 01/29/2013
Job Title: Health and Safety Advisor
Type of Position: Permanent Full Time
Location: Flamborough, Ontario (Eastern Canada)
Badger Daylighting (BAD:TSX) is North America’s leading provider of non-destructive hydrovac excavation services. With more than 600 Badger Hydrovac units operating out of more than 90 local offices across Canada and the U.S., Badger provides 24/7 safe excavation support to engineers, contractors and facility owners in the utility, transportation, industrial, and petroleum industries.
Badger Daylighting is looking for an engaged professional to lead our safety program for Eastern Canada. Badger’s success is built on the efforts of its people and its action oriented culture of safety and service.
Summary of Responsibilities
Reports to the General Manager of Eastern Canada . Responsible for all aspects of enhancing, implementing and monitoring Badger’s Safety Program in Eastern Canada. This requires close cooperation with our Area Operations and customers in the region to ensure that we attain the highest level of safety compliance and employee guidance.
Specific Duties include:
- Manage the Safety Department ensuring professional execution and auditing of the Badger Safety and Training Program for field operations. Ensure this program meets the needs of the Corporation and is well understood by Badger personnel and their Area Operations.
- Manage the training program for all Badger Operations. This includes the development of appropriate training needs and coordination with operations to ensure all training is completed in a timely manner.
- Conduct audits of the Area Operations to ensure compliance with Badger’s Safety Program, Government Regulations and Customer Specific Safety Requirements.
- Obtain and maintain expertise on safety and compliance. This knowledge will be used to improve Badger’s program and to provide daily support to Area Operations.
- Conduct field audits to ensure daily operations are conducted in accordance with all Badger Safety Guidelines, with strong accountability for corrective action follow up.
- Maintain strong relations with all clients.
- Assist in completing client’s pre-qualifications.
- Manage the process in accident and incident investigations, analysis and preparation of accident reports and summaries with strong input on corrective actions and follow up.
- Ensure that pertinent safety reports and records are submitted and retained as required.
- Play a key leadership role in developing the Badger Safety Culture through daily interaction, training and hands on involvement at all levels of the business.
- Take lead in JHSC meetings
- Be available (or designate alternate) 24 & 7 for incident, accident response.
- Degree or Diploma in the area of OH&S
- Possesses or has the ability to complete CRSP or CHSO designation or other suitable qualifications
- Previous experience in employee training
- 5 years of industry experience in the construction or utilities sector
- Strong operational background
- Computer competency - Microsoft Office Suit
- Experiences with WSIB processes
- Strong knowledge of MTO regulation is an asset
- Must be hands on and willing to travel within Ontario and Quebec frequently
- French language skills are an asset
- Base Salary - to be negotiated
- Vehicle Provided
Interested candidates may send resume to: Human Resources at Badger Daylighting